Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Your Tax Dollars at Work

Came back from the desert to a series of emails from my father, a scanned copy of a 5-pg letter from the Canadian Arts Council informing me that they will be giving me a huge pile of free money in order to do research on witches in Ghana.

Free money! And witches!

The only hitch is that I have decided to leave Ghana, as I feel a level of hostility here that is not good for a person. I've started scouting for jobs, mostly in Asia. (I'm not particularly ready to go back to Canada, where the elusive balance between fresh and jiggy and boring and stodgy has yet to be reached.) But I am a vain person and I wanna have my name on a book.

So I'm moving north, to the witch camps. I'll divide my time between Gambaga and Nakpanduri, where there is no cell reception, no Internet and no pizza. Perhaps I will get a car. And maybe a pet goat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home